What is Lasik Laser?
A treatment option to remove glasses. It is a simple corneal remodeling surgery to get rid of glasses. It offers wonderful results to patients who are totally dependent on glasses. LASIK, PRK, SMILE, LASEK (no that’s not a typo) — these and other vision surgery options offer ways beyond glasses and contacts to correct your vision. Articles in this section will help you understand the many options in vision correction surgery, including laser procedures, corneal implant surgery and even cataract surgery. Also included is helpful information about cosmetic surgery to give your eyes a more youthful appearance.
Why Eyetec Clinics for Lasik Laser?
- World’s fastest and latest technology machine of Lasik – Eximer Laser – Mel 80, Carl Ziess, Germany.
- More than 95% Success rate of Surgery.
- Satisfied Patients.
- LASIK can help you correct wide range of refractive errors. It can correct all types of refractive errors like myopia, hypermetropia and astigmatism
When we work
Pre- Operative Lasik Instructions
- Take headbath , wash your face with soap & water.
- DO NOT APPLY any kind of MAKE UP/ FRAGRANCE.
- DO NOT APPLY DEODRANT / PERFUME ON THE DAY OF PROCEDURE
- Bring your GOGGLES ALONG ON THE DAY OF PROCEDURE
- Stop using C.L for 5 days before surgery.
- If you devlop any redness, pain ,irritation before the procedure day please inform.
Post- Operative Lasik Instructions
- You should instill your eye drops according to the prescription.
- You should clean your eye lid margins from the day after your treatment with sterile tissues.
- You can have your normal food.
- You should blink your eyes gently and frequently on the day of treatment.
- Do not expose your eyes to dust.
- Do not touch or rub your eyes.
- Do not keep your eyes open for long duration.
- Do not clean the eye on the day of your treatment.
- Do not swim for one month.
- Avoid exercises for 1 week.
Myths About Lasik Laser
MYTH : EYE SHOULD BE OPERATED ONLY ONCE VISION IS VERY LOW?
NO, THE MOMENT VISION QUALITY DECREASES, SHOULD GO AHEAD WITH SURGERY.
Myth: LASIK is painful.
Numbing eye drops are used to keep your eyes comfortable during LASIK, which takes only about 15 minutes for both eyes. You will feel some pressure briefly during creation of the corneal flap, but laser reshaping of the eye is pain-free. If you are anxious before your procedure, your surgeon can give you a mild sedative to help you relax.
Myth: You can go blind from LASIK surgery.
LASIK affects only the front surface of the eye, serious complications are rare, and no one has ever gone blind from LASIK surgery.
Myth: If you have a poor outcome from LASIK surgery, nothing can be done to fix it.
More than 95 percent of LASIK patients are satisfied with their outcome. If your results are unsatisfactory, there are a number of treatment options to improve your vision further. Also, possible LASIK side effects such as dry eyes usually are temporary and can be managed successfully.
MYTH : LASIK corrects only nearsightedness; it cannot correct farsightedness or astigmatism
LASIK can correct all common refractive errors (nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism). If you have severe refractive errors, other refractive surgery options are available.
MYTH : A successful LASIK surgery means you will never need eyeglasses or contact lenses.
LASIK does not prevent the progression of normal aging changes in the eyes, so at some point after age 40, you likely will need reading glasses, like anyone else. Also, it’s possible you might still need to wear glasses on a part-time basis for specific tasks, such as driving at night.